ZAYRAH Africa is a volunteer-involving Youth development Agency, created in March 2012 with aim to alleviate poverty amongst young people in Africa by promoting good governance that advance Africa development Agenda. More specifically, ZAYRAH Africa conducts programs based on and advocacy around the provisions enshrined in various regional policies, treaties and protocols that promote Youth rights (and human at large), Youth empowerment and their full participation into the continent development. Headquartered in South Africa, ZAYRAH has expanded its programs and activities to Tunisia, Benin and is currently working towards establishing offices in Kenya and Mozambique as part of its institutional development strategy. Since its inception, ZAYRAH has expanded to Benin and Tunisia where programs have being implemented using youth empowerment tool such as volunteerism and active citizenship to foster governance and youth participation in the countries development.
As part of its 2013-2016 strategic plan, ZAYRAH Africa will, by end of this year 2016 open its last 2 offices: 1 in Nairobi to cover, spearhead and coordinate activities in the 18 African English speaking countries and 1 in Mozambique for the 6 Lusophone countries (Mozambique, Sao Tome and Principe, Cape Verde, Guinea Bissau, Angola and Equatorial Guinea). As ZAYRAH is working on its new strategic plan 2017-2020 and in transition to a new leadership, the organisation is calling for few volunteers to join its team.
- Two (02) Digital Youth experts Online Youth Volunteer to help in the marketing, branding and web design to (re)built ZAYRAH Africa’s website.
- Three (03) ZAYRAH Officers (Youth volunteers) to work for ZAYRAH in Nairobi, Kenya Office to spearhead, coordinate and implement programs and advocacy strategies in the constituency.
- Three (03) ZAYRAH Officers (Youth volunteers) to work for ZAYRAH in Maputo, Mozambique to spearhead, coordinate and implement programs and advocacy strategies in African Lusophone countries.
For what?: Under the supervision of the Institutional Development Manager and ultimate direction of the Executive Director, The Country Officers (4) of each new office will coordinate activities in their jurisdiction, will participate in the Board of Directors’ meeting and advise on programs to implement annually in their scope of work area. The Head of Offices will lead a team of 3 plus volunteers for their programs, will spearhead the advocacy and programs, and lead everyday activities. The Country Officers, as pioneers will be to (1) ensure that their entities are legally registered in accordance to their home country’s policies, by end of December 2016; (2) conduct a short research on Youth development policy in their country. The online Volunteers (2) are to help ZAYRAH build a new, smart, friendly-usable and interactive website as well as design new branding materials. The online volunteers will work from October 15th to December 15th.
Profile of candidates?
- Dynamic Students/recent graduates or any young African aged between 24 – 29,
- No previous experience is mandatory, as ZAYRAH Africa seeks to empower its members on the learning-by-doing basis,
- Interested in volunteerism and willing to build career in international development with focus on human security and/or human rights;
- Team player with a global mindset, culturally sensitive with values of integrity, active participation.
- Creative, Passionate about and willing to create sustainable future for generations to come through a sustainable organization that works for and with young people to help achieve Agenda 2063 vision,
- Available to work 10 hours per week on ZAYRAH’s programs / activities,
- Knowledge of African Union policies and previous experience in any youth organization are desirable.
- Knowledge and ability to work in English is preferable.
When and how?: Interested candidates are to apply by August 28th. Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for interviews scheduled to take place early September 2016. Final decision will be made by end of September and new team members will be expected to assume duty on October 15th (for everyone), after an e-meeting is convened by the Board of Directors to welcome newbies. Non-selected applicants might be given priority to volunteer on program/project of their interest, sanctioned by a certificate of end of service. TO APPLY CLICK HERE
Go and like ZAYRAH Africa Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/ZAYRAHAFRICA/ For more queries, please drop and email to Mr. Octavio Diogo, ZAYRAH’s Institutional Development Manager, email@example.com , or firstname.lastname@example.org